Lounger
    Thanks

Repair of IE7 in Vista (Vista Ultimate)

Since the Vista updates of tues 7/10/07, i have been getting script errors on ie7 and anything associated with ie7, such as windows messenger and hotmail, etc..at least i believe it started about this time, can't be completely sure. I have tried to download ie7 again but it won't let me do it and i can find no way of running a repair on it. I have tried all of the suggested things such as deleting all cookies and temp internet files, and almost anything i could find by googleing it...the script error is usually associated with not loading a dll properly and it can be any number of specific dll's not just one particular one. I wonder if any one else has had any problems like this since the massive vista update of 7/10/2007??

Thanks

Re: Repair of IE7 in Vista (Vista Ultimate)

Does the thread beginning with <post:=661,094>post 661,094</post:> help at all?

Lounger
    Thanks

Leif, thank you for the rapid response, however i have read this thread before and it doesn't pertain to my problem, i did have spysweeper on my system and removed it, and i have long known that any of the norton programs are problematic to say the least, so i never use them at all. instead of getting this script error every now and then i get it constantly any time i click on something that has anything to do with ie7, it may happen 15 times in 30 minutes, or in the case of hotmail, i can't even use it through ie7 because it won't allow me to even write an email in the browser, it disables that function in hotmail. it also won't let me delete any messages in hotmail, it just takes me to a screen that says that i have a problem running script on that page. I can use it just fine in firefox which is what i am using to work around this problem. also yahoo messenger and msn messenger also give me script errors every time i run my mouse over the open window of those two programs. i am sorry i don't have a copy of the actual error box to show, because i am at work now , but it says something like having trouble loading a certain dll. and the type of dll file changes with each script error box.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

IE is an integral part of Vista. To repair it you'd have to run a Vista repair. Have you tried a system restore?

Joe
    Joe