4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Changin Music (2003/SR2)

I thought I was being so smart. (that's when the trouble usually starts)

I am putting together a slide show with music and lyrics for a worship service. I have 2 versions of the music, one with vocals and music and one with music only. It will play over several slides and the lyrics will change as needed. What I did is put the version with vocals on a slide, went through it and adjusted all of the transitions so that everything matched up. On the first slide, I also have several pictures that come and go, using custom animation, as the intro music plays.

Then, I deleted the music & vocals and inserted the version that is music only and now the animation on the first slide doesn't work. When the new music was added, it was added at the bottom of the list of custom animations and I moved it to the top. All other settings are the same as they were before but it doesn't work as before. My animations are as follows:

Music Entrance With Previous
    Pic1 Enrance With Previous
    Pic1 Exit After Previous 9 Sec Delay
    Pic2 Entrance After Previous 0 Sec Delay
    Pic2 Exit After Previous 9 Sec Delay

And so on, a total of 4 pictures on the opening slide. Pic1 appears as the music starts but then never exits. I have even tried removing all of the animations, then adding the music, then setting up all of the animations again and it still doesn't work. The next thing I plan to try is to start over with the first slide, a clean slide, add the music, then the pics then the animations. I am going to work on that tonight.

Anyone else have a problem like this, is there a solution?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Changin Music (2003/SR2)

Try double clicking the music entry and in effect tab choose "stop playing after 999 slides"
    Does that work?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Changin Music (2003/SR2)

John,

Perfect answer. That did exactly what I wanted. The funny thing is that I was planning on doing that, the music runs over about 10 slides, but since it wasn't working correctly, I hadn't gotten that far yet. Thanks for the help, it was driving me crazy.