3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sporadic interrupts (XL2003)

I have one particular user who is receiving "Code execution has been interrupted" errors. It happens with most, if not all, workbooks that contain VBA code and curiously it's not consistent. For example, I can open a workbook with an Auto_Open routine and I may or may not get the error. I do have error handling but it's not getting triggered - I just get a raw Microsoft Visual Basic dialog box.
    Has anybody ever seen similar behavior, or have any idea as to what might be going on?
    Thanks...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Sporadic interrupts (XL2003)

Perhaps the compiled code has become slightly corrupted. If you don't have it already, download Rob Bovey's free VBA Code Cleaner, install it and run it against your workbook.

If that doesn't help, we'd need to know more about the code.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks, Hans (and belated thanks for your post about a DSN-less ODBC connection. That worked fine, so - for now at least - I've abandoned using ADO. The DBA suspected that the buffer for ODBC connections was much larger than that for ADO connections [i.e., OLE DB connections])

I do use Code Cleaner, so I don't think that can be the problem. It's only happening to one out of > 100 users, and the same workbook used to work fine for her. I found nothing on Microsoft's KB, but just looked here and found a previous post. The suspicion was that it's hardware-related (mouse), so I'll pursue that angle.
    As far as the code goes, it happened on 2 completely different workbooks - both of which used to work fine on her machine (and the workbooks haven't changed). That, plus the fact that it's not consistent, makes me think the code itself can't be the culprit.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Good luck - I have no further suggestions.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

I would be inclined to move the keyboard to a different machine and see if the problem follows it (assuming it's not a laptop). It sounds to me that you are receiving the same alert as would be presented if you hit Ctrl + Pause.
    Regards
    Don