4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Recurring ERROR messages (Win XO Pro; OLook 2003)

I am using WIN XP (SP2) and Office 2003 (fully patched etc etc).I have used iTunes for a couple of years without problem. Recently, I started using iPhone. I notice that I am getting a lot of error messages popping up saying that "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close" and inviting me to send an error report to Microsoft. I send the report each time; they must be getting tired of hearing from me..[img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img].

I don't know what is causing this, but it is very annoying. I tried the "Detect & Repair" function in OUTLOOK. That has not helped...I am attaching a print of the log showing the Event Application failure...it begins on July 4 and I can't recall what that event was about (so ignore it) but you will see dozens of events starting July 30 (the day I started syncing my iPhone to OUTLOOK)....the module (libobjc.i386.a.dll) is the same for all events....any suggestions as to cause or cure? Thanks.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Recurring ERROR messages (Win XO Pro; OLook 2003)

It's the iPhone sync program and it doesn't seem to be resolved yet - see http://www.techsupportforum.com/microsoft-...outlook-xp.html, the 07-08-2007, 09:32 AM post by Kalim. See if there's anything applicable on the Apple website.

In the meantime to avoid the error go to Tools | Options | Other tab | Advanced Options | Com Add In's and uncheck (but do not remove) the two iTunes add-ins. You will not be able to sync your iPhone until the problem is resolved. (I expect to see a series of iTunes updates until this is fixed.)
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Recurring ERROR messages (Win XO Pro; OLook 20

Thanks for that John...I suppose I will have to wait to see if the error occurs again...and wait for a fix from either MS or Apple...[img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]