New Lounger
    Thanks

Can't send email (Outlook 2007)

Computer is a Gateway FX530XV running Vista Ultimate. I had been using Bellsouth as my ISP but was having to call in every other day do get them to reset something at their end so that I could open anything in IE7 and got really tired of that so just switched to Comcast at twice the speed that Bellsouth said I could get at my address. I never did have any email problems with Bellsouth, but now I find that I can recieve but not send anything from Outlook. The strange thing is that I went to Comcast Web Mail and that sends just fine. Also, as there is one other user on this computer I tried to send a test message in both directions as soon as I had the accounts configured and got a message in both directions that "Relaying a message to another Comcast Account is not pernitted." Can any of you help me to get through this? I would greatly appreciate whatever hints that you may have. Oh yeah, a Comcast guy answered me yesterday and suggested that I change the SMPT server port to 587 but that didn't seem to make any difference. Thanks in advance for whatever reccomendations I can get.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Can't send email (Outlook 2007)

What error message are you getting to is telling you that the email is NOT working?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Dave, as it happens Comcast suggested a couple of changes that seem to have corrected things.However there are two of us on this computer and the other user is having some of the same troubles. i tried to institute the same changes there that got my page working but so far they haven't worked. If Comcast can't do anything about this I might gert back to you with more details for a diagnosis on that one. I really do appreciate your response.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

What changes did Comcast have you make?
    This may help others who are having issues with Comcast!

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks

"Relaying a message to another Comcast Account is not permitted"? Now thats an oddity.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)