2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Error when trying to set up pop account (2003)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by Leif on 03-Aug-07 09:41. to replace Word Doc attachment with jpg attachment.)</P>Hi please can you help.

My computer was configured with outlook express 6 with my Tiscali pop account. I have now got full outlook 2003. I was trying to configure 2003 profile with all my details, but an error appears. I have attached a screen dump of the error. Each time I try and remove all the profiles from Mail control panel, the same error appears. This is driving me mad and should just be a simple setup. All my account details are correct.

If you could help that would be great.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Error when trying to set up pop account (2003)

Did you create a Personal Folders (.pst) file? You can do so from E-mail Accounts or from Data Files in the Mail control panel. Outlook cannot function without a Personal Folders file (unless you're connected to an Exchange server).

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I was using outlook express 6 without any problems. I did not create any PST file. I just loaded up outlook 2003 and followed the wizard. When I come to complete the setup the above error appears. How do I remove everything and start again. I have removed all profiles and folders from control panel/mail.

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You need to specify the name for a Personal Folders file at some point. If the wizard doesn't prompt you for it, create one in the Mail Control panel, either from E-mail Accounts or from Data Files.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sorted thanks guys