2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

spacing in emailed Word Document (2003)

I have a user who creates letters in Word and uses the File, Send to, recipient option to make the Word document the text of an email. When he does this, the spacing of some items in the Word document now text of the email changes when it is sent. For example, he has text set up with 12 pt before. In some places the spacing holds. In other places the spacing doesn't. IT looks fine when he sends it but it changes when received. His email format is HTML. Word is NOT his email editor due to conflicts between that setting and our document management. system. Any thoughts on why some of the spacing is changing and how to keep it from not? Thanks in advance for any help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: spacing in emailed Word Document (2003)

The document is composed in Word, then converted to HTML when it is e-mailed. HTML has slightly different conventions for line and paragraph spacing. The user could use the Send To | Mail Recipient (As Attachment) option. That way, the document will be sent as a genuine Word document instead of being converted to HTML.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

BTW, were the replies to <post:=655,798>post 655,798</post:>, <post:=649,568>post 649,568</post:>, <post:=648,656>post 648,656</post:>, <post:=639,317>post 639,317</post:>, <post:=632,729>post 632,729</post:>, <post:=629,059>post 629,059</post:>, <post:=628,736>post 628,736</post:> and <post:=626,973>post 626,973</post:> useful? You didn't post a reaction, so other Loungers don't know whether the problem was solved.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Regarding Hans comment about HTML vs. Word convention differences, be aware that:

1. If Word paragraph before and after spacing settings (Format | Paragraph | Spacing) are set to zero, Paragraph breaks in Word may appear to be a single line breaks BUT in HTML, a paragraph is converted to the HTML < /P > tag, which breaks over two lines. In Word you can convert para breaks to line breaks by replacing "^P" with "^L", though that may mess up your true paragraphs.

2. The Word line break character created by Shift-Enter is converted to HTML as a single line break < BR >

I don't know HTML in detail, there may be exceptions to my explanation.

Note that since the Lounge does not permit HTML tags, I put spaces after the less than and before the greater than HTML tag enclosure.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS