Star Lounger
    Thanks

TOC Template (Word 2003 ver. 11.xxxx SP2)

When I insert a Table of Contents, the General section of the dialog box offers "Formats: From Template". But for this project I want to use a _different_ baseline design for my TOC, and do not care to modify the defaults each time I need to regenerate the TOC.

My question is: How can I associate a different "template" for the TOCs that I generate for documents using this particular .dot ? After modifying and using the default TOC, how can I save those modifications for reuse?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: TOC Template (Word 2003 ver. 11.xxxx SP2)

Word uses the styles TOC1, TOC2, ..., TOC9 for the TOC levels. You can open a template (.dot), and modify the TOC1 through TOC9 styles the way you want, then save the template. All documents created from the template should use these styles.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: TOC Template (Word 2003 ver. 11.xxxx SP2)

Thanks, Hans. I thought I was just not finding the right place to make the change, but it's sort of hard coded. As a workaround, I'm pasting the field entry where needed. because I had a specific need to to use specially named styles everywhere. Thanks as always for the quick reply.