Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Counting Within a Field (2003)
2007-08-03, 20:10 #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2007
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Counting Within a Field (2003)
Pardon my greenness, I'm just learning Access. I have what I hope is a basic question. I have a spreadsheet with 115,000 entries. They're codes for businesses. I'm trying to sort to see what business appears the most. Is there a simple way to run that analysis?
2007-08-03, 20:28 #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Thanked 29 Times in 29 Posts
Re: Counting Within a Field (2003)
Welcome to Woody's Lounge!
You can do this in a query:
- Create a new query in design view, based on your table (I assume that's what you meant by 'spreadsheet').
- Select View | Totals to change the query to a Totals query.
- Add the field identifying the business to the query grid (Business code, or business name, or something similar).
- Add the same field a second time.
- Change the Total option for this second column from the default Group By to Count.
- Set the Sort Order for the second column to Descending.
- Switch to datasheet view to see the result. With 115,000 records, this may take a little while.