EFCMCMC

Printing merged document (Office 2000 SR1)

I am trying to print a merged document from Word. The document is several pages long. I can print one page at a time, but when I try to print more than one page I get the the message the there is a spooling error and then the following message," Winword has caused an eror in HPF9XDRO.DRV" and tells me that word will shut down. Word then shuts down when I click on "O.K."

I am running Windows ME and trying to print to an HP Deskjet 932C using the USB port.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks

Thanks

Re: Printing merged document (Office 2000 SR1)

Suggestion: Turn background printing off. This may solve your problem.

Questions if it doesn't. When you say merged document, are you talking about a document that was produced by mail merge to document or something that was produced by merging two or more documents into a single document?

How many pages? Sections?

What is your file size? Are you using automatic numbering? Master Documents? Multiple pictures or charts?

Only this one document?
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

EFCMCMC

I tried to print directly to the printer without background printing and it still didn't work.

The document is a form letter that I merged names and addresses from an Access database. It is 93 pages long with 93 sections. The file size is 250 KB. Not using automatic numbering or Master Documents and have no pictures or charts. It is only happening with this one document.

I did a similar merge of the same addresses into a second document that is a survey form and it printed all 93 pages without any problems.

Could I have corrupted the file somehow?

Thanks

Thanks

Time to go back to your primary merge document. (WP-ese, I think).

Try copying the entire document contents except for the last paragraph mark into a new document. Fix your formatting (that was contained in that last paragraph mark) and try your merge again.

If that doesn't work, see <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/document_corruption.htm> Document Corruption</A> and see if you get any ideas from that. Hope this helps.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin