3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Subform datasheet view column headers (2003)

Hello,

Is there a way to adjust the width headers of a subform? I have a main form with a subform in datasheet view. I was wondering if there is a way to adjust the headers(columns headers) in the subform. I would like to make the columns smallers, but everytime I do this, the headers get cut off. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Subform datasheet view column headers (2003)

In a datasheet form, the column headers are resized with the columns themselves, there is no way you can change the width of the column headers independently of the columns. Nor can you change their font (except by changing the font for the entire datasheet) or their height.
    I'd create a continuous form. You can make it look much like a datasheet with a bit of work, if you like, but you have much more control over the individual elements. The role of column headers is played by labels in the form header; you can format these labels the way you want - change their widths, increase their heights (the captions will wrap), change their font size, ...

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans. What about making a header in the subform with labels and then carrying these labels onto the mainform?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

That's possible, but if you're thinking of leaving the subform as a datasheet, keep in mind that the users can change the column widths, reorder them etc, causing the labels on the main form to be out of alignment with the columns of the subform. This is not possible in a continuous form.