5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Removing duplicate contacts (Outlook 2003)

Is it possible to search and remove duplicate contacts. I installed an add-in, Delete Duplicate Contacts and found it lacking. It does not appear to give the option of which contacts to delete. When I run it the first thing I see is a message asking, "Do you want to delete duplicates from a pickup folder?" I have no idea what a pickup folder is. I canceled.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Removing duplicate contacts (Outlook 2003)

I assume that the utility will let you select a folder to delete duplicates from (the "pickup folder"), but I have no experience with it myself.

Other utilities are listed in Tools for Removing Duplicate Contacts on the Slipstick site.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Removing duplicate contacts (Outlook 2003)

I found Outlook Duplicate Killer (not a Com add-in) that has all the features I was looking for. I downloaded and installed the free trial version. It seems to work perfectly. I recommend staying away from the Com add-in Delete Duplicate Contacts from rsoutlook. This was a real mess and I am surprised it was on of Microsoft's recommended add-ins at Office Online. I removed it and asked for my $10 back.