Thanks

Cursor freezes (Cursor freezes)

Every time I leave my PC on and idol for more than twenty minutes my cursor and all mouse functions freezes. I have to reboot the PC to get the cursor moving again. I have the latest updated drivers (Intellepoint 5.0) installed and it still happens. I have a trackball optical mouse. Also I have changed the mouse with another trackball and still get the same results. I have checked for viruses, Trojans, malware, spy ware etc and found nothing. OS XP.
    Catz

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Cursor freezes (Cursor freezes)

This sounds like a power saving problem to me. Can you have a look at Control Panel > Power and check what settings you have. Then temporarily turn off all power saving to see if this is the cause of your symptoms.

StuartR

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Nice subject.

And the connection from this trackball optical mouse to the PC is? USB? Have you checked settings in the Device Manager, some like to uncheck the setting to save energy for that USB device: "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". On the other hand on my main PC it's checked for the responsible USB hub, but not checked in the mouse properties, and it's working.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have a similar situation on an older Dell crammed with stuff. I have an optical mouse (not a trackball) with a combo scroll wheel/button. If I'm doing anything for long enough and my screensaver comes on, when I return my cursor is frozen.

I find that if I push the scroll wheel button, Viola! my cursor is now free to move about the country.