Thanks

Adding another HD

I have at present two HD's in my PC. One which is set up as the master is used for XP home. The other Hd, which is set up as a slave is used for Win98SE. I have a boot manager installed to allow me to boot up with either OS. I would like to install another HD to use for storage. I can get a Rosewill RC-200 PCI IDE Silicon Image RAID (0/1/0+1) Host Controller Card to run the extra HD. The thing that I would like to know is how do I set up the third HD's Master/Slave Drive Relationship? Do I just leave it empty?
    Catz

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Adding another HD

Each controller channel can support one or two disk drives, and the master / slave configuration is in relation to this only. So if you have multiple disk controllers you can have as many master drives as you have connectors for disk drive cables.

In your case you leave the original disks alone and make the new drive the master on its own connection.

StuartR

Thanks

Re: Adding another HD

Thanks Stuart for your reply.

I will set up the new drive as a master when it and the add on PCI card arrives. Will get back to you when it is all set up.
    Catz