Thanks

CPU and Motherboard.

I have a very good FIC AD11 motherboard and would like to install an amd 1500 xp cpu on it. The socket is A. What I have been looking for is some sort of chart that will tell me whether these two items will work tpogether. Is there a way of knowing this first without sticking them together and maybe watching them go BOOM?
    Catz

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: CPU and Motherboard.

Hi,
    I have previously had one AMD Athlon XP (i.e. socket A) CPU, though in my case on a ECS motherboard; the AMD XP were fine.

The best way is to start with the CPU at AMD, and see what they recommend, since they usually have good lists (the other alternative is obviously to look at motherboard vendor FIC).

Take a look at AMD processors, Older Products (down left); select AMD Athlon XP (under Desktop, to the right), click the link Recommended Motherboards, select Vendor FIC and select your processor modell (AMD Athlon XP 1500+), click Find Recommended Motherboards, and you will get a list of FIC motherboards (which I can link to (search result) and % in brackets doesn't work, and I give up).

If you click on the link AD-11, you will get this page: <A target="_blank" HREF="http://www2.amd.com/us-en/recmobo/DetailHandler/1,,30_182_869_4348^7923,00.html?queryID=2004">AMD Athlon

Thanks

Re: CPU and Motherboard.

Thanks Argus for your reply. I checked out the link you found for me (cant figure how I couldn't find that one. I was all over that AMD site.) and found that the CPU and motherboard were made for each other. All I have to do now is buy the CPU. It is still available and will bring that PC up to date.
    Catz