3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

What works and what doesn't

Is there a chart somewhere that shows what options work externally under what conditions and what ones don't. For example, if I send something as high importance, it works internally just fine. It works externally fine for me if I use Outlook, but it doesn't if I use Hotmail. Voting buttons don't seem to work externally at all. So what I am looking for is a table that lists all of the options with notes on how they work internally, externally with Outlook and externally without Outlook and what conditions might apply. Some things seem to depend on how the server is configured. The Out of Office Assistant is the first one I think of.

Anyway, if you can help, thanks.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: What works and what doesn't

no list that i'm aware of - but once you understand how the features work you'll have a better idea what will and won't work with on the internet.

importantance, read receipts and flags are dependant on the mail client supporting them. many don't support reciepts or flags but do support importance. obviously, hotmail is one of the few that doesn't. (are you using hotmail on the web or with OE?)

voting buttons use TNEF/RTF to send the special forms. only outlook or the older exchange clients can read these forms and recreate the buttons. This applies to any special form.

out of office is exchange server only and many admins don't allow them to the internet. only one reply per day per person too. the admin can block a lot of internet stuff - including RTF - preventing voting from working outside the LAN.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Wouldn't it be great of somebody created a little chart or a small leaflet that explained what you just told me (and more - for other options like notify when e-mail read).

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

notify is a read receipt - cleint dependant [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    not sure if any thing exists at http://www.slipstick.com or not.