New Lounger
    Thanks

Recurring appointments in Outlook last to infinity (Outlook 2000/2003)

This is likely a problem that has happened to many of us with Outlook. I was going through our resources in Outlook (Exchange 2003). For personal interest, I wanted to see how long appointments can recur for. In our case, it is forever. An issue with this matter, that once the recurring meeting organizer leaves the company, this meeting cannot be edited. We have many meetings that the attendance list mainly contains people no longer with the company.

Is there either a registry setting for Outlook which can limit the recurrence of the meeting to a more realistic period, such as to the end of the next year after the meeting is first organized? Also, if this limit is not in Outlook, is there a setting in Exchange that would do the same thing?

Thanks for your help on this item, and it is good to see the lounge back in action.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Recurring appointments in Outlook last to infinity (Outlook 2000/2003)

There appear to be Exchange settings, see:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb123609.aspx and http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../aa996253.aspx

regarding the use of EnforceRecurringMeetingEndDate and BookingWindowInMonths.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Recurring appointments in Outlook last to infinity (Outlook 2000/2003)

Thanks for your great advice!! I think we have found our solution, so meetings are not scheduled for eternity.