Lounger
    Thanks

Hyperlinks (Word 2003)

I'm trying to create hyperlinks in a document to bookmarks in a second document.
    But whatever I do the link goes to the top of the target doc, not the bookmark. Also I get a waringk
    Both the field codes and the hyperlinks appear to be correct in the first doc, and it doesn't seem to make a difference if the link is relative or absolute. MSKB comes close but no cigar. Doesn't work in Word 2007 either.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hyperlinks (Word 2003)

The address (target) of the hyperlink should look like this:

C:WordMyDocument.doc#MyBookmark

with the appropriate path and file name substituted, as well as the appropriate bookmark name.

See MSKB article How to disable hyperlink warning messages in Office 2003 about the hyperlink warning.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Hyperlinks (Word 2003)

I've since remebered how to turn off the warning - the method used was to clear the 'Confirm open after download' in the Advance section of DOC file type in Explorer - Folder Options.
    The other mystery has also been solved. Sort of.
    I'd found another annoyance in that hyperlinks to image files didn't open them in the default application but in IE (or something else). The answer is to add a registry value at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftOffice9.0Common Internet
    DWORD named ForceShellExecute with a value of 1
    And it's this that screws up the bookmark thing, I think. At least setting it to zero made the links go to the bookmark. But of course image links are back with IE. Ho hum.