mmarques

Can I create Icon for command line?

I have a command that I can type into the command line of Windows 2000 and get the expected results.

How can I create an icon, so that someone can just double-click the icon to run the same command? This command runs an application with parameters.

Thank you!
    - Michele

Thanks

Re: Can I create Icon for command line?

Desktop shortcut?
    You may need to first set it up to just run the program then edit the shortcut to add the parameters.

mmarques

That didn't work for me

I tried creating a desktop shortcut and changing the target to include the parameters, but I got errors when trying to save my changes.

I am trying to get an AVI file to play full-screen without the user having to press ALT-ENTER.

My command line that works is:
    mplayer2.exe /play /fullscreen mymovie.avi

But I can' t seem to get that into a shortcut.

Thanks.

- Michele

Thanks

Re: That didn't work for me

OK - I've just tried this and it works. Remember you'll maybe need to adjust your paths to suit.
    <pre>"C:Program FilesWindows Media PlayerMPLAYER2.EXE" /play /fullscreen c:mymovie.avi
    </pre>

Note the quotes - they appear to be quite crittical

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: That didn't work for me

Hi
    <hr> Note the quotes - they appear to be quite crittical <hr>
    ..that's because they are. If you omit them, the system will halt at C:Program : it cannot handle the space. Once in quotes, spaces are ignored. Notice that in the rest of your command line there are no (text) spaces. It would, for instance halt again if you put 'my movie' (assuming that were the proper name of the file) instead of 'mymovie'. Probably.
    Also, in Win 9x, you can append to, say, a .pif file, the switch k : this allows you to enter the name of a batch file on the command line to be run concurrently. Thus, if you had a shortcut to a DoS prompt to take you out of Windows 98, you could run a batch file to clean out your Temp file as you exited.
    e.g. C:WindowsCOMMAND.COM /k C:Batchcleanout.bat

It also works if you are using cmd.exe to get a DoS box in Win2k. Using the /k idea when you call for your DoS box, a routine task can be performed at the same time, depending on what's in the .bat file. Do not, however, rename this cmd.pif and then try to look at Program under Properties. It crashes the system if you do.