Thanks

Color Change!!??

This may sound entirely strange, but here goes:

I have an Nvidia GeForce FX-5500 graphics card, and a Samsung SyncMaster 226BW monitor.

I use Outlook 2003, and Nelson E-mail Organizer v3.1

All has worked just fine for quite a while, but now there's been a color change in the NEO.

In the graphic, the outline subheads that appear in red, are supposed to be in blue.

They have been, as mentioned, for some time now working just fine, but all of a sudden about 2 weeks ago the color changed.

I have re-installed the NVIDIA driver, the SyncMaster driver, and re-installed the NEO, all with no success.

I've talked to support at Caelo.com (maker of NEO), and they are as bewildered as I am.

Any idea what might cause this?

If everything else seems to be OK, could it be a graphics card problem?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Thanks

Re: Color Change!!??

Chuck,
    Is it ONLY affecting the NEO?
    If so, I wouldn't think it's a graphics card problem.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Thanks

Bob:

Seems to be...

But since I'd already re-installed the NEO, and it appears to run properly, I'm baffled...

Chuck
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Chuck

1) Have you checked the connections between the monitor and graphics card, a quick wiggle while the PC is on will show a change in colours on the screen.

2) Bob mentioned a graphics card problem, sometimes the card is not seated properly. Unplug the PC and wiggle that about too to see if it is well and truelly home, nothing hard, just gentle

Just ideas
    Jerry

Thanks

Jerry/Bob:

After trying the hardware adjusts suggested (to no avail), I went back to a mirror I had of *just* the activated WinXP, then I loaded MS Office (Outlook), and then NEO... guess what?

The colors were then right.

So it had to be something in the install I was using that had a corrupt driver file or some such... that's twice "little" things have been wrong that didn't show up until down the road, both times requiring a re-install. First the language was amiss, now the colors in the video -- but not, mind you, on all the programs so that it showed right up. No, just after a couple hours of set up work.

And I thought that mirror backup[ I had was good too!

Too bad you can't develop a test serie to run along the way of installs to verify that all is well.

Anyway, thanks guys.

Regards,
    Chuck