2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Jet Database Engine (Access200)

Hi,
    So glad you are all back!! A friend of mine fell off a ladder and broke some ribs. He has a client that has a problem that I am trying to help with. THe client has a database which when you open and answer the password you get "The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time". I tried copying and rename the database on the client's computer, same message. Copied the database to my lap top, which has no other users on it, and got the same message once again. Any ideas besides, I kick or punt, out there?
    Thanks,
    Sarge

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Jet Database Engine (Access200)

What happens if you hold down the Shift key when opening the database (except when entering the password, obviously)? This bypasses the startup options that have been set.
    If you don't get the error message, the error was caused by something that started automatically (a macro named AutoExec or a form set as startup form); you can now try to investigate what exactly.
    If you still get the error message, the database might be corrupt. You can try importing all database objects from the problem database into a blank new database.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans,
    Tried shift key got message. Tried to build new Database, but when I went to import the Forms, queries, Reports, etc., I got the jet message. And this was all done on my lap top, not the client's machine. I can find no way to get by the jet message.
    Kornfused,
    Sarge

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It sounds like the database is seriously corrupt. As a last resort, you can try JetComp.exe, available from Jet compact utility is available in download center. Sometimes, this utility can repair databases that Access itself cannot.
    If that doesn't work either, I hope that you or the client have a recent non-corrupt backup of the database.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans,
    My friend had a copy of the database, but it was missing about 300 customer records. His client is now adding them to the database, but was just trying to find out if I missed any thing. I will download the exe and give it a shot. Thanks very much for all the help.
    Sarge