5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Passing values between two forms (2003)

In a lottery database, the set of valid lottery numbers depends on the lottery draw value. The end user wants to record lottery winners in a table, each record of which contains a winning LotteryNumber, the LotteryDraw and the Prize value. The set of valid lottery numbers is produced by a query using the value of a lottery draw as a criterion.

I need a sequence of events in which:
    The user enters a lottery draw value
    The query runs using the value just entered (i.e it produces the valid set of numbers for that draw value)
    A form is displayed which provides the user with a drop down list of the lotterynumbers produced by the previously mentioned query and a field to enter teh prize value. I want the LotteryDraw value just entered carried across to this form so everything can all be written back to the Winners table.

Iíve tried doing this all on one form (trying REQUERY to make the query run using the value just entered) and Iíve tried two forms, one of which (Form1) is a modal pop-up which captures the lotterydraw value; this is activated bya DoCmd.OpenForm action in the Load event of Form2.

I just canít get the sequencing/passing of values right. How can I do this, please?
    Thanks
    Silverback
    Silverback

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Passing values between two forms (2003)

Solved my own posting. I had messed up the underlying query so it always returned zero records. Have now got pop up forms working( a bit!)
    Silverback
    Silverback