whomper

customising normal.dot (any 95 98 2000 )

I have had normal.dot attacked by virus in the past.
    If hackers can do that, shouldn't I be able to make changes to normal.dot to make it the way it should have been?

I would like to get rid of the default 10 point times roman font and make it 12 point courier. But that selection is greyed out.

Is there some way to write VB or otherwise edit normal.dot so that hideous fuzzy tiny times roman font is replaced by something that is larger and more legible as the default?

I suppose I could sue microsoft for violating the ADA law but I would rather just tweak my normal.dot.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: customising normal.dot (any 95 98 2000 )

Try this: Open your Normal.dot, make the changes you want, then "dirty" it (so the changes will be saved): enter any letter or even use spacebar, then delete it, then save.

Hope this helps.

ACM

Thanks

Re: customising normal.dot (any 95 98 2000 )

See <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.addbalance.com/word/defaultfont.htm> How Can I Change The Default Font?</A>.

Other than changing the default font, general rule is don't customize normal.dot for purposes of document formatting. Use other templates for this purpose. Specific templates for specific purposes. Have those templates independent of what Normal.dot thinks should be the default font. (This "rule" is my opinion.)
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin