New Lounger
    Thanks

Prevent Margin or Page Setup from changing? (Word 97 SR-2)

Hi all,

I mail CD envelopes on request for an open source distribution I work with http://www.cbttape.org . I have Envelope Sized Single Laser Labels which are perfect to print out an address and stick it on a large catalog size manilla envelope.
    I setup a Word document with the correct margins and formatted with page setup to print correctly.

This normally works well and I cut and paste in an address, apply a style I have tagged as Mailing Label is OCR B size 20, and print. Sometimes when I paste in ,almost always from an incoming email in Eudora as usual, Word throws away my margin and other formatting in the page setup. I have to discard and re-open the document to get back my normal formatting. I saved over this once and so now I have taken the precaution of making a backup and marking the file I normally work with read only. I still have to discard, reopen, fuss around when this happens. To get around it I find I can recut the text from word and then after reopening my template paste it in without blasting my formatting.

I have attached my template.

Is there a way to lock this so that the page setup and margin will not change.

At the same time I also have open another document with my home address which I use to print a return envelope address to me and filling in the persons address as the from address so they can reimburse me for postage & materials.

I would really appreciate any ideas on this or suggestions for working smarter.

Best Regards,

Sam Knutson
    mailto:sam@knutson.org
    Attached Files Attached Files

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Prevent Margin or Page Setup from changing? (Word 97 SR-2)

I'm not sure I fully understand the description of the problem, but you could try this. When copying out of a Eudora e-mail, in Word, choose Edit (menu), Paste Special..., choose Unformatted Text in the "As:" list, click OK. If it works, you can capture that sequence as a maacro and attch it to a toolbar button. to cut down on menu hassle.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Your reply was right on target. Paste Special Unformatted text has solved the problem completely and combined with the tips in Woody's Watch to make that the default for Ctrl-V has made life with Word much better!

Thanks!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Glad to be of service!