Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Explorer View Settings (XP Pro (Well Updated))

While moving around the Explorer windows, my global view is set to "list". In the My Documents folder, there is a sub-folder, My Music. And in the My Music folder, there are folders for artists, and then folders for albums which contain the individual mp3 files... Example: <font color=blue> ~My DocumentsMy MusicArtists|Album|file.mp3 </font color=blue>

I would prefer to have the mp3's set to "details" view. And the albums set to "thumbnail" view. Is there a quick way to accomplish this? The only options I can find that would manipulate the view of multiple folders is the one shown below that makes a global change... I have tried [several times] to select all artists folders, right click, properties and customize; but each selection (some specifically for music) doesn't do anything. Regardless of which customization I choose, the folders remain in "list" view.

Perhaps there is a third party program that enables better customization options? Or, maybe, I'm just missing something in XP that I already have?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - Ricky

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Explorer View Settings (XP Pro (Well Updated))

Make sure that the "Remember each folder's view settings" check box is ticked lower down in the list. Then set the view for each folder the way you want it. Windows should then remember the settings.

Lounger
    Thanks

First of all, change the view settings.
    This picture will show how.
    Second post (cause you can't put in another picture), will show you how Windows will remember these settings.

Lounger
    Thanks

And folder settings so Windows will remember those settings.
    P.S. I used SnagIt 8 for the balloons.