Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts

acronis 11 released

Acronis true Image 11 Home has been released. See the web page for a feature list.

Joe
    Joe

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: acronis 11 released

I can't find any release notes to tell me what's new in this version. Have I missed something, or are they not published on the web site?

StuartR

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts

Joe

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

I've already purchased and installed the upgrade and it is working just dandy, which I expected it to do since I rarely have had problems with any of the versions of True Image all the way from version 6. However, I am curious about something that was advertised by Acronis re: "Migrate Easy". I've already posted the following on the True Image forum, but received only 2 irrelevant replies. I am hoping some here, especially those who were doing beta testing will know the answer:

On this page: here, it says:

<hr>Add-on Tools Included!
    $40 value! Acronis® Migrate Easy
    PC cloning — Upgrade to a new PC without the need to reinstall the operating system, applications or configure user settings.
    Add new hard disk — Expand your PC's storage capability.<hr>
    Now, before I get all excited, is this the equivalent to the commercial "Universal Restore" what works with True Image Workstation 9.1? In other words, this "Migrate Easy" would now allow True Image Home 11 users to use a full backup on a different (new) system? In the past, one could clone to a new HARD DRIVE... but not a new PC, i.e., another machine that had different hardware than the one the backup image or clone was created on. The wording to me, suggests that one can take an image or clone and use it on a different machine. Perhaps I'm reading it incorrectly? But that's the reason for my question.

Inquiring minds wanna know!!
    Jeff
    simul iustus et peccator

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

If Acronis 11 does what you think it does, and appears to say it does, then I would be a customer!

Surely an enhancement like that (i.e. now making the product work the way you'd naively assume it would work anyway) would be trumpeted from the housetops by Acronis, and their website should be very precise about this new facility?
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I participated in my first beta test cycle of Version 11, Jeff, and there was no mention of Migrate Easy that I remember. I'll trot upstairs later to that PC and check again, but I sure don't remember seeing it. Since you've already upgraded, did it come with your download or do you now have to go after it? I just looked in the notification email I received and there was no mention of it there either. BTW, I received my beta notice on August 18 and was "only" given until August 29 to submit reports, so I thought that period was a little short for someone who doesn't spend full time on the test.

3 Star Lounger
    Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    Thanks

Looking at the list of new features it rather seems that v11 is becoming more bloated with tools I already have. Perhaps its a sign of product maturity. I currently use v8 and wondered if there was a real imperative reason to upgrade.