3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Error 1327 (Windows Vista Business)

Hi,

I'm getting an "Error 1327" when I try to install things on my PC.

Now I do know what it is ... basically Vista *doesn't like it* when I redirect things to my server like I could do easily under Windows XP e.g. my home network I redirect is based around a Windows 2003 domain where all 4 users have their documents made available to them centrally from shares on my server. I have a number of other facilities too but they are just file and print and a few other things so they don't appear to matter.

In order to correct the fault I simply restore the default values and the install will run fine but I am forced to ask why I have to? This isn't Windows Vista Home, it's Business and it happily integrates with a domain so why can't I install things on it when it is running as a full domain client ... if it can't do that then really I think I may have to go a-running back to XP because that is really, really pants!

Kyu

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Re: Error 1327 (Windows Vista Business)

What local machine privileges does the domain login have?

Joe
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Joe,

The login user is a normal domain user that has been added to the local system's administrator group so (theoretically) full local admin privileges ... the configuration is as near identical to my old XP configuration (same server, same ID, same domain and the "My Documents" pointed to a network location).

Apparently (searching around the net for a solution) this fault occurred with XP too although I haven't found it happen to me under XP Pro ... indeed my test machine still has XP pro on it and exhibits none of these symptoms at all.

Kyu

Administrator
    Thanks

Some installs on Vista just won't work unless you right click and select 'run as administrator'. Even though you've assigned the domain user to the local admin group it is still not the same as the builtin administrator.

Joe
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Joe,

It's not an ideal solution but Vista does appear to be able to log multiple users on simultaneously even in domain mode (which XP couldn't as far as I know) so I can log in to a local admin session just for installs without having to log off.

Thank you for your help [img]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Kyu

Administrator
    Thanks

If you are allowed to, you should be able to just right click the installation file (.exe) and select 'run as administrator'.

Joe
    Joe