Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

How to Remove Older Versions of Flash Player (XP - SP2)

I've run Secunia as suggested and found a number of insecure applications (like so many others!). In trying to find out how to remove an older version of Flash Player (the newest one is installed and secure), I've had no luck searching Adobe's site for how to do this. Secunia did provide its location in the System 32 folder, but I'm hesitant to just delete anything with a dll extension! Add/Remove programs didn't help me as it looked as if I'd be deleting the latest version.

Help!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: How to Remove Older Versions of Flash Player (

Why not uninstall whatever Add/Remove programs has for Flash Player then delete everything you are sure is associated - then install the newest version?
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Re: How to Remove Older Versions of Flash Player (XP - SP2)

Joe

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: How to Remove Older Versions of Flash Player (

Okay. Sounds possible. Read link supplied and it all sounds scary for a non-tech type. I might leave some program running that is using Flash player in the background and mess things up. What kind of harm am I exposing my computer to if I just leave it as it is, i.e., with the latest version running and the previous version somewhere in here, but apparently "not secure"? I need it for a language course I'm currently taking.

Linda