Star Lounger
    Thanks

can't open contacts folder (outlook xp)

(Edited by HansV to make provide link to post - see <!help=19>Help 19<!/help>)

I had a disk failure followed by a clean installation. I now get an error message saying "The address list could not be opened. The contacts folder associated with this address could not be opened". I tried the steps in <post:=334705>post 334705</post:>: step 1 was ok. Step 2 does not display a contacts folder in he folder list. Where should I look?

Padamson

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: can't open contacts folder (outlook xp)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I completed the procedure that was referenced. It seems to be for repairing outlook personal files. Inasmuch as that was not my problem, it did not fix my problem. My problwm is an error message "Address list could not be displayed. Contacts foler associated with the adress list cannot be opened". The messsage does suggest microsoft outlook help but from my search I cannot find anything relevant.

PHIL

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The Contacts folder is part of your Personal Folders file, so the Inbox Repair tool applies to contacts too.

But since it didn't help, take a look at "The address list could not be displayed" error message when you use your Contacts to address a new message in Outlook.