4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Overlay Two Word Documents (2000)

I have two word documents.

first one is a four page doucments with background pictures to simulate printed header paper. Each of the four pages has a slightly different background.

The document with the text and photographs on needs to overlay the first word document.

Is this possible?
    Best Regards,

Luke

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Confusion

I was trying to follow this in the other thread and am still thrown off by what you are trying to do and why (I'm under the impression pre-printed/watermarked/embossed paper is involved). Can you walk us through exactly what it is you are trying to accomplish and what steps you have tried to take to accomplish it?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Overlay Two Word Documents (2000)

Couldn't you just print the first document, put the paper back in the printer and print the second one?

StuartR

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks

This was a head game for me since I've done one page like this but not four , and I'm sure others who have done something similar it will have refinements, but try this. Capture each background page as a separate image; set the images to be behind the text. Divide the main document into 4 page length sections with the headers set to NOT same as previous. Insert the background images into the headers of each page. I would do this only at the end of the doc prep cycle, as too many revisions could require manually moving text around the section breaks in your main doc.

Pam
    Pam Caswell

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

The PDF requirement had me confused, since I thought you might want something that could be done either in your own hard copy or else (or additionally) emailed as an attachment. It now sounds more like you want a watermark, admittedly different for each of four pages, and I think that should be very easy to do in Word.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The way we want to work it is as follows:

We produce house sales particulars in ms word, type them into a plain word template. We then print these ona colour printer to handout to the public. However in order to keep printing costs down and the print to the edge of a peice of paper, we have pre-printed paper.

If we printed the word document to a PDF file, then this would look like it is on plain paper. We want to be able to print it to a pdf file and give the feel of someone actually seeing it on our pre-printed paper as well. The problem comes, when our pre-printed paper is made up of 4 a4 pages, with a different pre-print on each page.

I have been able to located a pdf printed called eDOC PDF printer which has an easy to use overlay function. Approximate cost is 20 per license, which is not too bad.

You create a master PDf file of the 'pre-printed' paper. This then becomes your background to the documents you whish to print on top or / overlay on to. This then gives one PDF file complete withj background preprinted paper effect and actual word document text over the top.
    Best Regards,

Luke