Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Microsoft gets it Right! (Publisher et al.)

In <post:=666,548>post 666,548</post:> Hans steered me towards Publisher, which I have in Office2003.
    Me being me, within 30 minutes I'm dabbling in VBA, and much to my delight, i find that Publisher VBE has adopted my customization of VBE from, presumably last night's settings made in Excel2003.
    As evidence I attach a screen snapshot.
    Visible are my doubled "debug-compile" buttons, either side of the FileSave button, my Step and Comment/decomment buttons - exactly as I had set them up in Excel.
    My Require Variable Declaration setting is adopted, too.

I hope this sign of adaptive intelligence on the part of Microsoft is a trend.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 6.JPG (24.6 KB, 0 views)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Microsoft gets it Right! (Publisher et al.)

Many of the settings in the Visual Basic Editor are shared across all Office applications - they are stored in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftVBA, i.e. they are not specific to Word, Excel etc.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Microsoft gets it Right! (Publisher et al.)

>Many of the settings in the Visual Basic Editor are shared across all Office applications
    Mebbe.
    But in all my time moving between applications, this (today) is the first time I've been greeted with "useful" (i.e. my version) settings for the toolbars and options.
    Honest!
    It's something I'd notice, because I find it such a bother to drag the comment/decomment and step into/over toolbar buttons up there onto the toolbar.

If i am the only lounger to have noticed this, then it confirms our belief that Billy Goat Gruff has had it in for me for a long time, and there is embedded deep in the heart of each office appliaction some code that says "If Chris Greaves thinks he can work efficiently with this product, then Chris grieves".