Lounger
    Thanks

Print to Microsoft Word (Vista Home Premium)

I used to have the Windows XP and have scanned many documents and send to Microsoft Word for corrections and redos and print into a new document. I tried to do that with the Vista Home Premium, HP Support says to go to Paint and scan from there, I did this and tried to send to Microsoft Word and will not do it. I went on Microsoft Word and tried to paste the document and it is in a different language and my settings are in English. What is the problem and how can I correct this? I read a blog that Home Premium has this problem but the other Vista models have the Windows Fax feature. What can I do? ;-(
    Thanks and I really hope someone could please help me. Mark

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Print to Microsoft Word (Vista Home Premium)

What scanner (make and model) do you have?
    Have you downloaded and installed the Vista drivers and software for this scanner?
    This also will include the OCR software needs to be Vista compatible?
    What version of Word (Office) are you using on the Vista machine?

NOTE: Vista is NOT the problem, it is the drivers and software of the scanner were NOT designed for Vista.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

You need a scanner driver for Vista. Check the HP support site. Windows Fax and Scan is only available in Vista Business & Vista Ultimate per item D on Windows Vista Footnotes.

Joe
    Joe

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for replying to my post. Both of you guys are also correct. There was nothing wrong with vista,,,,I went to HP support chat live and went through three techs and they could not help me with my problem. So I went again for a fourth time( here we go again, giggle) with a fourth technician and he was able to help me. He told me to throw the install disc back in and see the results. Results were a list with different tabs and OCR install was one of them so I installed that. I went back to the scan and send to Microsoft Office and it did work. Boy, am I glad. Thanks for trying to help me out and appreciate that very much. By the way, When I wrote this post the first time, I had the HP 1350 printer. The Best Buy technician said that the HP 1350 printer is not compatible with Vista and I bought a HP 6310 all In One and still did not work, it did the same thing as the 1350 so that is when I went to HP Support and got help with the OCR install before I read this post from you guys. Thanks again. ;-)
    Mark

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

You're welcome. We're just glad you got it to work. Thanks for posting back your solution.

Joe
    Joe