Star Lounger
    Thanks

Odd Backstyle Behavior (Access 2007)

A db frontend I've just converted from 2003 to 2007 is behaving oddly regarding the background on a combo box. Based on value selected I set the backcolor and forecolor properties in the AfterUpdate event through a simple subroutine. This still works. In the form's OnCurrent event, I call the same subroutine to set the combo box's backcolor and forecolor proprties on the current record. While I can see the backcolor flash momentarily, it seems as though the backstyle property is being changed to Transparent. In a futile attempt to override this I added the third line to the code below, but the backstyle is seemingly still transparent. The backstyle was set to Normal in design mode and has not been changed in any code elsewhere.

Sub DimControl(pctrl as control)
    pctrl.BackColor = RGB(216, 216, 216) 'mid/light grey
    pctrl.ForeColor = RGB(247, 247, 247) 'off white
    pctrl.BackStyle = 1
    End Sub

Appreciate any insights you might have.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Odd Backstyle Behavior (Access 2007)

I don't have Access 2007, but if you're on Windows XP, does it make a difference if you use the Windows Classic theme instead of a Windows XP theme?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

Just tried it in Windows Classic ... no effect. Except for all the updates Microsoft sends, the only thing that's changed is the move from Office 2003 to 2007. I have gone back and run the uncoverted FE in Access 2007 and the control works just fine. There have been a number of odd control behaviors since conversion, but if I just deleted and recreated the control everyting was fine. With this, that didn't work.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Perhaps someone who has Access 2007 will comment.