Lounger
    Thanks

Combo Boxes (2003)

This might be a question that has been already asked, but I am not sure how to type it into your search to get relevant results. I am building a database (obviously) and there are several combo boxes. I need to display certain information, like model numbers. But, there are several model numbers ( at least 4) and each model number is broken down further into Asset Numbers. I can get the models to display, but it lists all the entries, like 30 for the first one, and so on. I would like the combo box to only list the 4 types, and not every one that is my table. Right now, the list just keeps getting bigger, as I add more info into the table. Any help would be great.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Combo Boxes (2003)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

You can limit the list displayed by a combo box depending on the item selected in another combo box. See MSKB articles How to synchronize two combo boxes on a form in Access 2002 or in Access 2003 and ACC2000: How to Create Synchronized Combo Boxes.

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for the speedy response. Maybe I didn't explain my situtation properly, but thank you again for the help. In my table, I have many weld numbers that come from the same model. So, as I list them in my table, they all have to have the same model number, and a lot of them have the same asset number. I used a hidden auto number as my primary key, because there are a lot of duplicate entries. My problem lies with my first unbound combo box. Since I have many model numbers, the combo boxes displays around 100 of the same model numbers. Since this is the first box used, I am unsure how to make it only display the different ones, and not list all the ones that are in the table.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry, I misunderstood your description.

Create a query in design view based on your table.
    Add only the model number to the query grid.
    Click in an empty part of the upper half of the query window.
    Activate the Properties window.
    Set the Unique Values property to Yes.
    If you switch to datasheet view, you should see unique model numbers, without duplicates.
    Save the query as (for example) qryModelNumbers.
    Open your form in design view.
    Set the Row Source property of the combo box to the name of the query.