Lounger
    Thanks

Combo Boxes Populating picture on selection (Access 2003)

Quick question. I have combo boxes in my form, and I would like to have it so that when you make the selection for model number, it would populate a picture into a bound object frame. I added the location of the picture into my tblmodel, but I have had no luck getting it to populate. Also, along the same lines, I would like to have a combo box that is selected further down the form, populate information for reference that is listed in another table. As you make the selections, I would like to have the information displayed into a text box in the footer of the form.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Combo Boxes Populating picture on selection (Access 2003)

In the attachment in Hans' <post#=296892>post 296892</post#> you can see how to handel pictures.
    I don't understand what you mean in you second question. Can you explain more explicitly ?
    Francois

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the information. I will check out the post and see if it helps. As for the second question, I will explain what i want to do. I am working on a database to track weld information, such as amperage, voltage, angle of torch, and so on. So, I would click on the model, asset number, weld number, and then break down of weld. As I get to the last combo box (weld breakdown), I would like it to populate the information required from the table. I am trying to get it to refenence the information in my tblWeldBreakdown, the fields are called "Amperage", and "Voltage". I tried to use "=[tblWeldNumberBreakdown]![Amperage]" in the Control Source field of the Text Box, but it's not working. I am pretty new to access, so that is probably not right, but any help you could offer would be great.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Can you attach a stripped version of your mdb so we can see what you already have ?
    See <post#=401925>post 401925</post#> for instructions
    Francois

Lounger
    Thanks

I also looked at the sample databse from Hans, and maybe I didn't explain what i would like to do properly. I would like to make it so that when the model is selected in the combo box, it populates a picture of the model that is selected, and when the database starts up, no picture will be displayed. If the model selected is changed, I would like to make it change the picture accordingly. Also, this might be a whole different subject, I would like to make the image hyperlinked, so that a selection in the image would populate the combo boxes, and vice versa. Any help would be great.

Lounger
    Thanks

Here it is
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

There is no table in your database that contains field such as Amperage or Voltage, and even if there were, there are no text boxes on your form for Amperage or Voltage. So nothing can be done.

If the proper data are available, it would be possible to populate text boxes and display a picture.

I don't think clicking or selecting the picture to populate text boxes is a workable idea.

Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry Hans. I believe I may have posted an older version of the database. I am at work, and the work computers are very restrictive as to what I can send and such. Confidential data, you know? I will continue to plus away at it, but I see what you are saying about the image population. Might have to work it a different way. Thanks for the help though.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The attached version shows how you could populate text boxes (I added some dummy data)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you very much! Exactly what I was looking to do. Again, thank you!