3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Print the Design View (office 2000)

Hello,

Is there any way to print the Design view of a report? Other than using a printscreen software? Even that doesn't print everything that's not visible on the screen.
    Since the design view shows all of the control sources and layout, I want to print it so that I can archive the setup should there ever be a need to rebuild.

Thanks,
    Louise

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Print the Design View (office 2000)

You can't print the design view of a database object such as a report. However, many screen grabbers have the option to grab the entire contents of a scrollable window, among them SnagIt and FastStone Capture.

You can also create documentation for a database object using Tools | Analyze | Documenter. You can specify the level of detail you want.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans,
    I use Snagit at home and love it. They don't happen to have it here at the office. I'll try your second suggestion and see how that works.

Thanks again,
    Louise

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans,

Thanks for recommending FastStone Capture! What a great little utility! It's simpler to use and it costs a lot less than SnagIt. I love it. Just what I needed. SnagIt has a lot more bells and whistles and is still a great program but for a simple capture, I think FastStone is as good.

Thanks once again,
    Louise