Star Lounger
    Thanks

flowchart decision branch labels? (PP2003)

Drawing a flowchart in Powerpoint. The diamond shape is a decision, and so I make a couple of connections - one for Yes and one for No. What is the best way to label these decision branches?
    Just plonking down a piece of text in about the right place seems terribly clunky and surely there's a better way to do it. Y and N labels would do, preferably bound to the connector line or a corner of the diamond (wishful thinking?).

I've looked in lots of properties (except for the right one!!), PP help and searched this forum, I'm a bit surprised it isn't mentioned and doesn't seem to have been discussed before.

thanks in advance,
    M

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: flowchart decision branch labels? (PP2003)

Good morning

I currently do not have 2003 installed on my home machine, if memory serves me right though if you Click on the INSERT menu then choose PICTURE and then ORGANISATION CHART and you can insert various charts that can be customised, in PowerPoint you can right click on any shape and use the 'Insert Text' option to insert text that is anchored to the shape (highlight the text and as with any text item you can change the font, size and colour etc.

Hope that helps

Steve
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Organization chart does not offer the special shapes that a flowchart needs. These shapes are available as AutoShapes from the Drawing toolbar, but the connector lines don't have a text option.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You can group a connector and a text box, so that they move together, using Drawing | Group from the Drawing toolbar.

PowerPoint may not be the ideal software for this. You could do a Google search for flowchart software.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans.
    I might group the text to the decision box instead of to the connector, and then copy those around.
    As for alternative software, I have only user privileges, so it's a matter of making do with what's already on the box.

Thanks again

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Marty

I know that this was a PowerPoint question but could the solution be in Excel? I found this template on Microsofts web site if it is of any use to you

Cheers

Steve
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)