Lounger
    Thanks

CSTR$ VS CSTR (xp sp2 and 2007 (On Different PC's))

I am testing my database built in Access 2002 on a machine set up with Access 2007 and am having trouble with the "CSTR$" function. It is not being recognized in Access 2007, but can be converted to "CSTR" and runs fine. Is this a change in 2007, or have I failed to notice some other problem? I checked all my references, and they are the same, other than the "Access 10 Library" is now "Access 12.0" to account for the new version.

Are the other functions that can be used with the "$" sign to specify Character now defunct also? Any source of info that I can be directed to concerning this would be helpful. I have not been able to locate anything on the Microsoft sight that dealt with this, although that may be my limited skill in researching properly. Thanks!!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: CSTR$ VS CSTR (xp sp2 and 2007 (On Different PC's))

I think they simply forgot to include CStr$ in the list of functions that can be used in sandbox mode - see Functions and properties in Access 2007 blocked by sandbox mode. CStr is listed under "Functions that you can use in sandbox mode" but CStr$ isn't. Functions such as Left and Left$, UCase and UCase$ are both in the list.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks so Much Hans....wow, that is an extensive list of blocked functions; hope I don't have a lot of problems with my databases while trying to convert. Thanks again!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The article I referred to also explains how to change the security level. I've never seen an Access database with code that deliberately tries to mess up things, so I simply turn off sandbox mode.