2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Filters on Quick Menu (2007)

Help! I have one user who happens to be a department head, that is a heavy user of filters from the quick menu. Since the department has moved to Office 2007 he desperately misses on of the filters that is no longer on the quick menu in Access 2007. The quick filters at the bottom of the quick menu work OK, but 'Filter for: ' is missing --that the filter where you can just type in what you are looking for. You can get there, but it takes at least two extra keystrokes and movement of the mouse--this can really count up if you do lots of filtering. So my question: Can I add a 'Filter for:' either as a shortcut key macro or add it back to the quick menu. Give this your best shot.....
    Thanks much, Judy Crawford

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Filters on Quick Menu (2007)

I apologize for the lack of replies. Access 2007 is not widely used yet.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Filters on Quick Menu (2007)

I have just noticed one new feature that might provide something similar to what you are looking for. When you are looking at a table in datasheet view (or a datasheet form) , Access now provides filters similar to those that Excel has provided for years. To access them click the drop down next to the field name.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards
    John