New Lounger
    Thanks

Spacing problem Word (Word 2002)

I am working on a document which currently has approx. 130 pages. Someone created the document (don't know who) and I inherited the document to update. At the bottom of the page it has a double space there which I did not insert. When I look at Format Paragraph - I don't see it. There is no cursor in that space and I can't delete it. The first approx. 10 pages of the document do not have it in there. At the bottom of the screen it may say 9.6 and the next line is at 9.9. In some instances it's 9.4 then 9.9. I've done the reveal codes but don't really see anything. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to get rid of this unwanted space?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Spacing problem Word (Word 2002)

If you copy one page of the document into a new document, does the problem come with it? If so, could you attach the one-page document (with sensitive information removed or replaced)?

New Lounger
    Thanks

I attempted to copy one page that definitely had that problem but the problem didn't copy over. Everything is formated as it should be. Do you think I could get rid of the problem if I copied the document into a CLEAN document?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It could well be a property of the section - that would explain why it didn't copy with a single page. But if so, copying the entire document into a new document won't help.
    You might select View | Header and Footer and check if there are any borderless objects there in the place where the "space" is.

New Lounger
    Thanks

I looked very carefully and finally, I saw what looked like an empty text box. After I deleted it, everything just fell into place! Whew! Thank you so much. I had been agonizing over this for MONTHS! I'd tried all my little tricks in Word that I knew. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!