3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes / No Message Box Question (Excel XP)

Is it possible to replace the words YES and NO on the buttons in a yes/no message with text other then YES and NO?

I have a box set up with a multiple line explanation for pressing YES for one result or NO for another result.

It could simplified a lot if the buttons said SHIP and PICKUP instead of YES and NO.

Or, if this is not possible, is there a way to set up a message box that will have 2 or more buttons to choose from, one for each of the desired actions?

I can set of a waning message box that has an OK button to press. I can also create these YES/NO message boxes as well as data input boxes, but have no experience beyond that.

Thanks,
    BH

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Yes / No Message Box Question (Excel XP)

The MsgBox function is very simple, it offers only a limited and fixed choice of button combinations.

You can create a userform in the Visual Basic Editor and put command buttons on it with whatever caption you wish. Set the value of a global variable in the On Click event procedure of the command buttons; you can inspect the value of the variable in the code that displays the userform, and act accordingly.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi BH

As most people here will attest I am probably the least able person to offer advice!!

It occured however to me that you could use option buttons inside a grouped box, in the quick example I have done here I have placed 2 options inside a grouped box Linked to B2 to get an either or either result.

Any good?

Steve
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Steve,

Hey.........that's pretty slick! I haven't seen anything like that in Excel. I tend to learn and see what I need to make something work and don't get outside my box much!

Unfortunately it won't help here as I need this question asked during the running of a macro. If being "shipped" one set of proceedures takes place; if being "picked up" the macro follows a different path.

Neat stuff though.........I'll certainly keep it in mind.

BH

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The attached workbook shows how you can use a custom userform to act as a dialog with two buttons.

The formatting of the form is rather garish. I wouldn't recommend using it like that, it's just meant to demonstrate that you can format the userform the way you like.

(You'll need to enable macros when you open the workbook)
    Attached Files Attached Files

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

That's pretty cool. I should be able to make it work.

Thanks again!
    BH