Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2007 Macros (2007)

I have two toolbar buttons that I used with 2003; when I converted to 2007, the toolbar buttons migrated just fine, except that they don't work... When I try to use a toolbar button (macro), there is simply no action at all; not even an error message.
    I've already checked Tools | Macro | Security... | Macro Security and flipped through the four choices. Still no joy.

I deleted the toolbar buttons that migrated from 2003 and re-made them in 2007. The steps are shown in the pics below. Right-clicked on a toolbar and chose Customize... From the customize menu, I chose Commands | Macros and then dragged the macros to the toolbar (shown). Still, the buttons do not do anything.

I've also included a pic of the Macro Security settings currently in use.

Thanks,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - Ricky

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Re: Outlook 2007 Macros (2007)

Are the macros digitally signed? Try no security just to see if they will work. If they work, the set "Warnings for all macros" or digitally sign them.

Joe
    Joe

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Hey Joe,

I tried changing the security level earlier and that did not help. Just tried it again by making the change, shutting down Outlook and then restarting. Now, it works with "No Security".
    - Ricky

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Well, you need to either digitally sign the macro or use the next higher security setting. At least with the next higher setting you'll get a warning about macros and be able to make a judgement about the validity.

Joe
    Joe

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

It's been the experience of other Loungers (such as me) in earlier Outlook versions that changes in Outlook Macro Security settings do not always "take" until Outlook is closed and restarted. Reset your Macro security to Medium, close and restart, and see if the macros still work.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS