Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0.3

Java Runtime Environment version 6 update 3 has recently been released, available from Sun Microsystems

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0.3

Does anyone have any ideas why I can't download JRE 6? First, the details: I have a Vista machine, and I recently purchased Adobe Premier Elements 4 online. I can't download PE4 because I don't have Java installed on my machine. I followed the link to java.com and went through the clicks. The download started, but I quickly got the following error.

"The installation of package http://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jre...ws-i586-jc.xpi failed with -203"

I've written to Java twice, but no response. They say they can't respond to questions they cover in their FAQs, but I'll be sheep-dipped if I can find a solution in their FAQs. So I called Adobe and got a big shrug. You guys got any ideas? (Adobe said they'll send the product on disk if I send them an e-mail with screen shots showing the problem, but I thought I'd ask here first. Besides, will the product require Java to run at all, even after I've installed it?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

I never use the .xpi version that is supposed to make it easier to install java when using Firefox. Instead I use the full offline .exe installer version available from http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp (2nd link in the Windows section)

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Glory, glory! I knew I should've started here!

Thanks!

Thanks

I hope you didn't pay too much for Adobe Elements 4, since Elements 6 has been out for a least a couple of months.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

I bought the package: Photoshop Elements 6 and Premier Elements 4. PSE4 downloaded easily, and I've been using it for a couple of weeks. My problem concerned the download of PE4. Thanks to the help I got here today, I'm running PE4 just fine, thank you.