5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

CSS layers and curves

I'm trying to create a website with a nice curve (see attached screenshot). I've used z-index to put the curve (+ menu, footer, etc.) on top of the content layer, so the text at the bottom of the content layer disappears nicely under the curve. At the bottom of the content layer is a padding element to ensure that the user can always scroll down to see the whole of the bottom line. My problem is that because the curve/menu/footer layer is on top of the content layer (including the scrollbar), the scrollbar is rendered redundant - trying to click and drag it only highlights the text in the menu, and the content stays put. Is there a way to make the scrollbar work?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Waggers
    If at first you do succeed, you've probably missed something.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Workaround

Well, I think I've found a decent way out. I have an overarching element that contains both the menu/footer/curve layer and the content layer. I've widened that overarching element by 20 pixels (roughly the width of the scrollbar, in Firefox at least) which produces the following result (in which the scrollbar works correctly). It doesn't look quite as good as the original, but it's probably good enough.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Waggers
    If at first you do succeed, you've probably missed something.