Thread: Toolbars (2003)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Toolbars (2003)

Our It department is going to reformat my HD. I have a few custom Tool bars and a PERSONAL MACRO WORKBOOK.

I want to get these back after IT return my computer but do not know all the steps needed to accomplish this. I did a search and found one thread concerning Tool bar transfers but it had to do with problems after he transferred his Tool bars.

I would be very grateful if one of you can either direct me to the steps needed to accomplish this or write out step by step how I can achieve this.

As always your help is greatly appreciated

Regards

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Toolbars (2003)

You need to copy 2 files to a safe location - a network drive, or a USB stick, for example.
    One is Cocuments and Settings<username>Application DataMicrosoftExcelExcel11.xlb. This file contains toolbar customizations, custom lists etc.
    The other is Cocuments and Settings<username>Application DataMicrosoftExcelXLSTartPersonal.xls. This file contains globally available macros.
    If you have other files in your XLStart folder, you may want to copy those too, for example Book.xlt and Sheet.xlt are default workbook and worksheet templates, and XLUsrGal.xls contains custom chart types. If there are no such files, you don't have to worry about them.

After your PC has been reinstalled, restore the files to their original locations.

Note: Application Data is a hidden folder, so you have to set Windows Explorer to display hidden files and folders. This can be done in Tools | Folder Options..., View tab.

3 Star Lounger
    Lewes, East Sussex, Sussex, United Kingdom
    Thanks

Kobus

In Excel it depends what type of toolbars you have. Shortcut toolbars can ONLY be created programmatically (I think), unlike in Access.

My suggestion would be to copy the workbooks containing the toolbars & macros elsewhere (on your network or a USB pen drive) and then copy them back when your PC has been reformatted.

Nick

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans & Nick

Thank you very much, I will follow your instructions.

Regards