2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Tasks (2003-SP2/2002-SP3)

I have an email account with the company I work for (Outlook 2003/SP2) but I am currently seconded to another company and have an additional, seperate email address on their network (Outlook 2002/SP3). Is there a way of transfering a group of tasks from the first email account to the second account with out having to type them all out again?

I can see the primary account through a piece of software called Citrix whilst sitting in my seconded office so I can have both versions of Outlook running at the same time.

Regards

Graeme

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Tasks (2003-SP2/2002-SP3)

If both mailboxes use Exchange server, you could use Actions | Forward on each individual Task, or you could insert all Tasks as Items to a message you send from one mailbox to the other. If the messages pass through a non-Exchange server, the content may not come through, so your next best step is probably to export all your Tasks to a CSV, and then import that file on your other PC Outlook client.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for that John.

Sorry they are not tasks but calender entries. I tried Actions-Forward and the event comes through as an attachment with an msg extension on an email. Then I opened the attachment and clicked the Save and Close button. This does not create an entry in the receiving Calender.

Regards

Graeme

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

> the event comes through as an attachment with an msg extension on an email

That would usually mean there's a non-Exchange server in the chain. But when you get the Calendar item as an attachment, and open it, does it open as an Outlook Calendar item, or a text file showing the Calendar content? If the former, you should be able to save it to the Calendar in the Outlook client in which it is opened. (It's not immediately apparent that it gets saved to the Calendar, but it should - check your client Calendar for it.

Since it's a Calendar Item and not a Task, you could instead forward each Event as an "iCalendar" item and see if that takes. And if neither works, you are back to CSV export/import.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Works when using forward as iCalender.

Thanks

Regards

Graeme