New Lounger
    Thanks

Extra Space in Clipboard (2003)

Hi,
    I've noticed that when I copy to the clipboard and then paste, Word is putting an extra space in somewhere. For example, if I highlight only the letters abc (no space or paragraph mark after, just these 3 letters) and then cntrl v cntrl v cntrl v, this is what I get:
    abc abc abc

However if I highlight and copy ab then cntrl v cntrl v cntrl v, this is what I get:
    ababab

Does anyone know why MS Word is adding an extra space to abc and how I can turn it off? I'm trying to use macros to create a comma delimited file, but it keeps adding an extra space to one of my fields. I've looked in the auto correct and auto format settings, but can't find anything that addresses this.

Thanks, Susie

Thanks

Re: Extra Space in Clipboard (2003)

What is the source of the material (e.g., Word, Outlook, Internet Explorer, etc.)?

You could try changing the "Smart Cut and Paste" setting on the Edit tab of the Options dialog (Tools > Options..., Edit) in case that is somehow "helping" you.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

Jefferson is correct - it is the "Smart Cut and Paste" setting in the Edit tab of Tools | Options...
    If this is on, Word will try to guess whether you are pasting a whole word, and insert a space if necessary. If the setting is off, Word will paste "as is".
    There is a Settings button to the right of "Smart Cut and Paste"; you can toggle individual aspects of "Smart Cut and Paste" on and off here.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Bingo!

Thanks!!!!

--Susie