New Lounger
    Thanks

Looks like 'Safe Mode' - how can I escape it? (Vista)

It's not just a (Vista) hangover, something is making my screen fuzzy. The computer screen looks like it's in "safe mode," but there are no "safe mode" labels on the screen and I didn't try to put it in safe mode. It's not merely the icons - text, photos, everything is elongated and fuzzy. Any ideas how to fix this? Thank you!

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Looks like 'Safe Mode' - how can I escape it? (Vista)

Welcome to the Lounge!

When you installed Windows Vista on your computer, Vista didn't recognize your video adapter. Your installation needs special program called "driver" for your video card.
    If you know which video card is installed in your computer, try to search the Internet for your video card manufacturer and model name, adding words VISTA DRIVER DOWNLOAD.
    If your video adapter is integrated into the motherboard, search for motherboard (or your computer) manufacturer and model.

Good luck!

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the info. Thing is, this is a new computer that came installed w/ Vista and that worked without this issue for several weeks before the sudden and unwelcome change. Does that change your advice?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

Have you changed any of the display settings? Have you checked to make sure that all connections are tight?

Joe
    Joe