New Lounger
    Thanks

Out of Office AutoReply (Outlook 97,98,2000)

I recently received an auto reply message from a friend that the system generates that she will be out of the office until a certain date. This is just what I have been looking for us to use at work. She said that all I have to do is go to Tools and "Out of Office Assistant"
    should be right there to use! well-it isn't on my machine- not on any I have checked in the office. I have Office 2000 at home and I don't have it as a choice either- how can I load it? (why isn't it there?)
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Out of Office AutoReply (Outlook 97,98,2000)

"Out of Office Assistant" is a hook into Exchange Server, and is not part of the Outlook client itself.

If you are going to leave your computer running, you can create your own reply message using the Rules Wizard. In some ways, this is better because you can also do some customized filtering (e.g., not respond to mailing lists). However, your computer must be running and checking messages in order for this to work.

Your mail server may also allow you to create a server-based OOO message. Ours has a really slow Java interface for users to do it, or the simpler technique of sending a message to the IT department.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Out of Office AutoReply (Outlook 97,98,2000)

many thanks! that makes sense now- I'll just have to learn more about rules wizard-
    thanks again