Thanks

IE Does not obey color styles (7)

Lounge user holmesand reports that ordinary text color and background color styles are being ignored. There is a thread describing this in (much) more detail on the Other Browsers board here). But here's a simple example:

Sample color chart: http://html-color-codes.com/

If you go into your accessibility options and tick the box to ignore page colors, that is what holmesand sees, but her checkbox is clear.

We need other suggestions on what might be causing this and/or other suggestions. Thanks!

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: IE Does not obey color styles (7)

Is this a clue to my problem? On email page and also on the Webnews group page this is at the top of the page. It isn't on any of the other web sites I visit....Pasted....
    Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage......The page is displayed only this is just at the top of the page with a big I in a circle. I told AT&T and they just ignored it.
    thanks
    Holmesand

Thanks

There is supposed to be an advertising banner to the right of the AT&T Logo. I actually block them by adding doubleclick.net and advertising.com to my list of Restricted Sites in IE. So I just see a nice blank space. Yours might be blocked in some other manner. For example, you might have an entry in your hosts file for doubleclick.net or advertising.com which redirects the request to your own computer or some nonexistent place.

Or... some software might be intercepting it, like a security suite. But unless that software has a problem with .css files, it probably isn't related to the color problem.

New Lounger
    Thanks

No advertising banner just....ie can not display this webpage... on home page and also email. beside the at&t logo. I have pop-up blocker so is that what it is saying?
    Thanks J
    Holmeand

Thanks

I have no way of knowing whether it is your pop-up blocker. Which one(s) are you using? Are they compatible with IE7? Does it make any difference if you them it/them?

As for why you get the message you do, the advertising banner is in a separate web page that is displayed in an <iframe>. So some software or setting is blocking that. If you are not familiar with <iframe>s, they are regions of a web page which embed other pages. (I assume that non-advertising <iframe>s work fine. You could try this page: http://jscher2000.home.att.net/webdev/ as a test.)

New Lounger
    Thanks

I could see everything on your link but wasn't sure what I was looking for or what I was suppose to do with it.
    No, doesn't make any difference if I turn off pop up, virus protection,firewall etc. I had this problem on the ie6 and that was when AT&T suggested I put on ie7. as far as I can tell the color is the only problem I am having. I can rec attachments in color.
    I'm off to the repair shop tomorrow so I will let you know what I find out.
    Thanks
    Holmesand

Thanks

> I'm off to the repair shop tomorrow so I will let you know what I find out.

Make a good backup!! Repair shops sometimes have trouble preserving all of your data.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Back from the repair shop and all fixed!!!! O.K. we were on the right track just didn't quit do it correct. In assibility under tools internet options I had all three options unchecked which was correct but I was suppose to do the same thing in the control panel internet options from the start menu.

I am happy because they also made other adjustments for the better so the bucks were well spent.

They tried to sell me Trend Micro av but I said I would wait. I have Avast, what ever AT&T gives me and Spysweeper so surely that will work?
    Thanks for your help
    Holmesand

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm glad it's solved.

Avast is an excellent anti-virus program, there's no compelling reason to switch to another one.

Thanks

If you have any questions later about "what ever AT&T gives me," when it comes time to renew or replace it, you can post a new thread on the Security forum, which appears in the Main Index as Spyware - AntiVirus - Safe Computing.